March 6, 2015
Seniors and Eighteen-year-old students…
1. Versa Pak in Celina is looking to hire a student interested in being a control manager at their plant. They will train you. See the G.O. bulletin board for details. You must be eighteen or older for this job.
2. Seniors, Student Scholarship.org has a few scholarships available online. Go the website to learn more.
3. Seniors, If you are going to Bowling Green State University, consider applying for their
Honors Program this fall. You must be high achieving to apply for this.
4. Joint Township District Medical Hospital announces its nursing scholarship. It is online access only. Go to grandlakehealth.org/foundation to find the form and complete the application by the April 19, 2015, deadline.
5. For those majoring in floral design, landscaping, lawn care, environmental studies, forestry, or any related field are encourage to apply for the Roots and Shoots scholarship. Applications are in the Guidance Office; deadline to apply is May 1,2015.
6. Seniors, Reminder: The American Legion scholarship is here for you to pick up. A family member must be a member of the Legion to apply.
7. Copies of the Auglaize County Farm Bureau are in the Guidance Office. If your family is a member, get your copy today: deadline to apply is April 1, 2015.
8. Seniors girls, The Mary P. Baker scholarship is available in the Guidance Office. Get a copy today to meet the late April application deadline.
9. The Jason Court Kline scholarship is available in the Guidance Office.
10. There is an ACT prep workshop available in Fort Loramie, OH. It begins March 15, and the deadline to apply is March 11. This course runs for four weeks in preparation for the April ACT. Cost is $60 for the entire course or $20 per subject area. Classes are three hours each on Sundays. See the G.O. bulletin board for more details.
11. There is a Women at Risk 5K race on Sunday, March 29. It’s a great way to support a good cause; plus, you get to exercise as well! Sponsored by Harvest Baptist Church, go to Speedy Feet.com to learn more and to register. Forms are also available on the Guidance Office bulletin board.
For all students:
1. Defiance College has a summer program called Detectives of Defiance. If you are interested in a “behind the scenes” experience, consider going to this summer camp. Information is on the Guidance Office bulletin board.
2. The Summer Moon Fest Scholarship pageant is now available in the high school Guidance Office. This is open to all high school girls but is limited to twelve. There is a $20 entry fee, and the deadline to apply is April 10, 2015. An informational parent/contestant meeting will be held on April 22, 2015.
3. If you are planning on taking any “summer classes” through virtual school to earn additional credits, please come to the Guidance Office and pick up a copy of the application form. Summer school begins fourth quarter and ends June 30, 2015, if you are using the WHS system. Cost per half credit is $150 for anyone choosing this option. This information is for students choosing extra work, not credit recovery if you have failed a class.
8th grade softball try-outs will be today at 5:30 in Middle school.
Anyone interested in playing soccer with the Lady Skins this fall is invited to open gym/indoor soccer this Sunday from 1:00-3:00 in the High School gym.
Congratulations to our Breakfast Winners from Thursday: Michael Harpole, Austyn Buchanan, Connor Kirchofer, Eliza Avery, Brock Sharp, Jessie Haggard, Anthony Fletcher.
Art club will meet on Tuesday after school to start painting sets for the musical.
National Honor Society applications are now available on the guidance office bulletin board, and near Mr. Dickey and Mr. Friemering's classrooms. A list of eligible students that meet the minimum 3.65 GPA requirement is also posted. These applications are due no later than March 16th. Please contact Mr. Dickey or Mr. Friemering if you have any questions.